CLOSED TILL FURTHER NOTICE
*CAMPING AND CABIN RENTALS STILL AVAILABLE*
New London, NC (Long 80.1874 Lat 35.4358 )
- Phone: 704-463-5797
- Web site: http://www.cottonpatchgoldmine.com
- Length of Vacation: Day, weekly or monthly
- Cost: Starts at $15/adult for panning (see site for details)
- Open: Year round; different hours for winter (see site for details)
- Type of Prospecting: Gold – Panning, Sluicing, Magic Wheel, Highbanking
- Equipment: Not sure about panning; sluice & magic wheel available for rental (see site for details)
- Instruction: Staff available to help; Metal Detecting lessons available
- Lodging: RV, tent spaces for rent; cabins also available
- Meals: Not provided; minutes from Concord, Charlotte and Monroe
From their web site:
Cotton Patch Gold Mine & Campground gives you several ways to find the yellow stuff! No need to be a pro… everyone can become a prospector with the right tools and our friendly staff to get you up and running.
Cotton Patch Gold Mine is now an Official GPAA (Gold Prospectors Association of American) Member. Show membership card for 10% discount on our mining supplies.
Panning: Pan for gold in one of our many stand up panning troughs. Easy on the back and fun. We supply the pan, material (dirt)… you supply the excitement of finding gold!
Magic Spiral Wheels: Rent one of our Gold Magic Spiral Wheels. Just slowly scoop in the material and let the Magic Wheel do the rest. All the gold collects in the very center of the wheel.
Sluicing & Highbanking: Reserve your spot in the creek for Sluicing, Power Sluicing or Highbanking. Take prospecting to the next level… it’s simple to learn and fun to watch the gold collect.