- Phone: 928-777-0267
- Web site: http://www.arizonaoutback.com
- Length of Vacation: Day
- Cost: $299 each / $399 for couple
- Open: October – March
- Type of Prospecting: Gold – Metal Detecting
- Equipment: Provided with cost, or bring your own
- Instruction: Provided with cost
- Lodging: N/A
- Meals: Bring your own
From their web site:
We are excited to announce that Arizona Outback is now offering Metal Detecting & Prospecting Training Classes. These classes will be held in the goldfields of Arizona on Private Mining Claims. These properties encompass some of the richest gold-bearing ground in the entire state and are not open to the general public. Some of the areas we have secured include the famed Stanton/Rich Hill Placers and central Bradshaw Mountains. Many thousands of nuggets have been found in these regions by metal detectorists, and many are still being found today.
- Learn from Experienced Prospectors
- Access to Private Gold Claims
- Use Minelab Metal Detectors
- Keep Everything You Find!
The purpose of these classes is to provide the knowledge and hands-on training that is needed to increases a person’s odds of finding gold with a detector. Some of the topics covered will include: Understanding the Detectors’ Controls, Ground Balancing, Proper Technique, Target Recovery, Pinpointing, Recognizing Geological Clues, Prospecting Safety, and Much More. We are also able to offer instruction in the art of dry- washing and gold panning. This option is available weather permitting.