- Phone: 907-782-4427
- Website: www.chickengold.com
- Length of Vacation: Few hours to a Few Days
- Cost: $20 – $55 Depending on activity
- Open: Summer (call for times)
- Type of Prospecting: Gold – Panning, Sluicing, high-banking, dredging, metal detecting
- Equipment: Bring your own or Rent
- Instruction: Provided for panning (call for other services)
- Lodging: Rental cabin or in Chicken
- Meals: Bring your own, or Cafe on site
From their website:
The Chicken Gold Camp & Outpost is just south of the Taylor Highway on Airport Road in the center of Chicken, Alaska. It’s built on the site of a camp established in the 1930s by the industrious Fairbanks Exploration Company for mining Chicken Creek with the Pedro Dredge, now a National Historic Site.
At the “Chicken Gold Camp”, you can explore the history of this early mining community, tour the gold dredge and mining museum, view an actual working gold mine, experience the thrill of panning your own gold or recreational mining on our claims, and enjoy a cappuccino in the Outpost while you browse the many handmade gifts.
Enjoy dinner and entertainment on the deck, stay the night in the campground or rent a cabin and the next day enjoy a kayak trip on the river or some gold panning after breakfast in the cafe. Chicken is completely “off the grid”, so you can expect a rustic but comfortable adventure.
We invite you to explore our Web site to see the facilities, the beauty of the area and the many ways to enjoy it. A slide show can be viewed and dozens of large photographs have been posted to allow you to see the details.
If you have any questions, you’ll find that we’re easy to get in touch with and easy to talk to – we’d love to be part of your Alaska adventure!