- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://hoggmine.com
- Length of Vacation: Day trip
- Cost: $35 for 16 and over; under 16 free
- Open: Check website for dig dates
- Type of Prospecting: Gems –
Beryl, Star Rose Quartz, Black Tourmaline, and Aquamarine
- Equipment: Bring your own
- Instruction: Basic instructions
- Lodging: Nearby in LaGrange
- Meals: Bring your own food
From their website:
How it Works. Just show up at the meeting place on the date of the Scheduled dig and we will get you signed in. We will caravan (You follow me in your own car) to the mine at 9 AM Sharp. If you miss the 9 AM time just send me a message using the contact link above and I will come back for you as soon as
I have the other guests digging. We will also have lunch plates. Hamburgers (1) or Hotdogs (2) with chips, Cookies, and Drinks for $8.
We meet inside the McDonalds. Park on the Drive through window side of the McDonalds, when you walk in the door look to the right. We will be in the corner with release forms.
We will begin the dig with a brief safety talk and a tour of the mine. I will show you what to look for and where to dig along the way. If you have already visited the mine and heard the safety speech you can just head to your spot and start digging.