- Phone: 916-933-3965
- Web site: http://www.salmonfallsgoldprospecting.com
- Length of Vacation: Day trips
- Cost: $100 each person / or $80 each for group rate (2 or more)
- Open: Website does not say, call
- Type of Prospecting: Gold – Training Trips available in Panning, Crevassing or Sluicing
- Equipment: Supplied or bring your own
- Instruction: Included in the price
- Lodging: Driving distance
- Meals: Bring your own
From their web site:
With hands-on training, you’ll learn gold prospecting techniques and develop knowledge of where to look for gold. Combine that with a bit of luck and you’ll take some gold home with you. An experienced prospector myself, I can’t promise gold but I can guarantee you’ll have fun in the great outdoors. During your training you will learn techniques in panning, sluicing and reading the river for the best gold locations. Currently, the training and trip locations are on various rivers located in El Dorado County and Placer County, California.
Though I’ve been prospecting for gold for the past eight years, my passion is rooted in a rock collecting hobby which began as a young teenager. My family encouraged me to develop an awareness and knowledge in this field that continues to fascinate me. As a member of the Motherlode GoldHounds, a local prospecting club, I enjoy the company of fellow enthusiasts as we head off on prospecting outings here in Gold Country. The rewards of metal detecting, sluicing, sniping in the water and hiking our stunning mountains are well worth the effort.