- Phone: 209-296-4100
- Web site: http://www.roaringcampgold.com/
- Length of Vacation: Week long stay in cabin or tent (see site for details)
- Cost: Starting at $550 – $700/week depending on lodging and # of people (see site)
- Open: Not sure, believe it is open all year (call or email for details)
- Type of Prospecting: Gold – Panning, Sluicing, Dredging (limit one dredge per cabin)
- Equipment: Provided for gravel piles, not sure on dredge (call or email)
- Instruction: Site does not say; from video it looks like someone is around to help
- Lodging: Cabins or tent camping available
- Meals: Bring your own food; there is a Saturday BBQ for everyone
From their web site:
Roaring Camp is something special in the way of family recreation. It is an old gold mining camp on the Mokulmne River. In the past, it was accessibly only by horseback. Roaring Camp was once a camp for Forty Niner’s, but since it was so inaccessible, most of the gold still remains. Visitors can see our operating gold mine an can mine their own gold by panning, sluicing, dredging, and dry washing.
In the Mokulumne Canyon, the three forks of the Mokelumne River come together. It is a river unsurpassed in natural beauty. The water is so clear that one can watch the tadpoles and fish swim. There are waterfalls and natural rock formations forty feet high.
There is also a quiet, secluded “swimming hole” with rocks of varying sizes, ideal for diving by those who dare! Be sure to bring your fishing gear. The fishing here is excellent!