- Phone: 800-596-0009
- Web site: http://www.goldprospecting.com/
- Length of Vacation: Half day to three day packages available (see site for details)
- Cost: Cost not listed – Call or email them for pricing
- Open: Their site does not say, but I believe it is open year round (call for details)
- Type of prospecting: Gold – Panning, Sluice, Highbanker & Dredge packages available
- Equipment: Provided
- Instruction: Provided, PLUS they have expert taught Prospecting Courses (see site for details)
- Lodging: Site does not say, but I do not believe so (call or email for details)
- Meals: Site does not say, but I do not believe so (call or mail for details)
From their web site:
The moment you step into our 1849 Gold Mining Camp, the present becomes a memory. H.G. Wells could only imagine this kind of time travel. As you take in the scene, you’ll see majestic cottonwood’s and a beautiful mountain stream where grizzled old prospectors are panning for gold. Mining tents, a saloon, mess hall and characters dot the landscape. The sheriff and mayor are hanging around somewhere(no pun intended). You may even bump into Black Bart, James Marshall or Mark Twain, who will bend your ear with tales of their adventures. Gunfights and barroom brawls can break out any time. The sense of excitement at never knowing what may happen next is all part of the thrill.
You become a part of the history, whether you choose to pan for gold(keep all the gold you find!) or just watch the action. The camp has over 25 attractions, so there’s something fun for everyone. But the best part is that you come away with not only wonderful memories, but a better understanding of the Gold Rush Era that played such an important role in the history of the United States ~~ with ripple effects throughout the world.
Gold Prospecting Educational Courses
These Educational Prospecting Courses are for those who want to learn how to become successful Recreational Miners.
Books, lectures, tapes and seminars teach only theory and principles. You must also learn the techniques of prospecting. This means field work and that is where we teach our courses, in the field. There is some physical effort involved in these courses.